Without further ado, here is my post on the Liebster Award!
The Liebster Award is a chain blog award passed around the blogging community as a sweet, simple and encouraging way of getting to know other bloggers and celebrating their work.
I was nominated by Tozanita and I’m very happy to be chosen for such an award, thank you!
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
- Answer the 11 questions they ask you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 500 followers.
- Ask those 11 bloggers 11 questions.
- Let those bloggers know they’ve been nominated so they can continue the chain!
My questions from Tozanita!
- What’s something you have yet to do, that you would regret not having done, if you were on your deathbed right now?
Ah, there are many things that I have yet to do! If I was on my deathbed right now, I’d probably want to chat to as many of my friends and family as possible to tell them how happy they have made me, and to thank them for everything they have done for me.
- So that you won’t have that regret, what are you going to do about that wish now?
From now on, I’m going to try and be a bit better and replying to messages and keeping in contact with friends and family. I always put off doing simple things, like writing a thank you message as I think I have time to do it later, but as they say “There’s no better time than the present”!
- What is your favourite place in the world that is not a major tourist attraction/destination?
One of my favourite places that I went to recently was Satang Island near Kuching, Malaysia. I went there a few years ago with my family and it’s a really beautiful island. It was my first time going to the beach in Malaysia and it was a great family trip. We went snorkelling and got to hold baby turtles as they have a turtle conservation centre there. It’s not a huge island and not many people have heard of it, so it’s not that much of a tourist destination. I’d love to go back there again someday.
- If you could have one special skill/talent, what would it be? (eg. to be fluent in every language in the world, to be an incredible singer, etc.)
If I could have any talent, it would be to be able to cook any dish (dessert, savoury food etc.) and be able to cook it to perfection. I love food, and although I can bake, I can’t really cook. Whatever I cook is edible, but I never want other people to try my food as I’m worried they won’t like the taste. So I think having an amazing cooking talent would be great! Food is a universal language, which makes everybody happy!
- If you could be any animal for a day, what would it be and why?
I’d love to be some sort of bird for a day, to experience what it’s like to fly. Perhaps a hummingbird, or a parrot? Birds are so carefree and they can see the world from a different perspective. Whenever I’m on an airplane, I love looking out the window and seeing the world from above.
- What is the whackiest event/food/place you have experienced?
Since I’ve been in Japan, I’ve tried some really weird food, but now that I’ve been here a while I guess I’m used to seeing things that I thought was weird but is widely accepted. I think some people thing natto (fermented soy beans) is weird, but I love the stuff! I recently tried a pack of peach (ume) flavoured crisps. It was kind of sweet, sour and savoury at the same time. I also had some seaweed flavoured chocolate when I went to Korea last year – that was kinda weird!
- Who/What is your inspiration?
If I’m being honest, I don’t really have an inspiration. I look up to my friends and family but I don’t idolise anyone. As I’ve gotten older, instead of looking up to people and trying to be like someone else, I think about what good qualities I have and how I can enhance those to be the best I can. Why try and aspire to be someone else, when I can be original and be myself?
- How do you measure success for yourself?
Success for me is achieving what I set out to achieve – and going beyond that. For me, seeing others happy as a result of my efforts and hard work is a way of gageing how successful I have been.
- How do you handle stress?
Oh man, I don’t handle stress very well. I always work myself up over the smallest things and stress out even more than I need to. If it’s like work and studying, I try and be as organised as I can so as to reduce stress levels. I like to exercise and eat when I’m stressed too hahaha!
- What do you like most about wherever you’re at right now (place or situational)?
What I like the most about my life right now is that everything is so convenient. From the location and cheap rent, to the community and services, my year abroad couldn’t be any better than it is right now. I had a hard time deciding which university to study at in Japan before arriving, but I definitely made the right choice and I couldn’t be happier.
- I need to….
finish my homework that is due today, and start writing my next blog post!
1. Sam in Japan
5. Tokyo Gaijin
9. twist & turn
10. journey to jp
My questions to you!
1. What would be your perfect meal?
2. Describe yourself in 3 words.
3. What is the best present you have received?
4. If you could speak another language, which language would you pick and why?
5. After doing something challenging/stressful, what do you do to reward yourself?
6. If you could go back in time and live in a different era, which one would you choose?
7. What’s your favourite outfit?
8. Describe the view from your window (or from your front door).
9. What is the scariest thing you have ever done?
10. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
11. I would like to….
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post. I look forward to reading your answers and future posts!